With the intensity at which the number of coronavirus cases is growing worldwide, it has become important to take precautionary steps to reduce the danger of infection. This is why we require a reliable and healthy immune system. The first line of defence in our body is our immune system, which plays a vital part in preventing the disease enter our body, thereby degrading the chances of getting sick.
There are numerous ways of boosting your immune health and one among the main ones is Ayurveda. Several herbs have been used for years to Produce an Ayurvedic medicine that can help to strengthen your immune health.
Ayurveda and immunity
This traditional science of medicine had said long ago that plant extracts could do a lot to build the strength of your body. According to Ayurveda, our body can resist contagions only when all the 7 layers of our body (Medha, Majja, Asthi, Rasa, Mamsa, Rakta and Shukra) work together.
When the seven layers are fighting together, our immune system will be strengthened.And what do the layers require to stay healthy? Ojas. It is a complex and hidden structure of your body muscles that keep you healthy. In Ayurveda, there are certain plants and plant products that can build ojas to strengthen our immune system.
9 Tips to Strengthen Your Immunity Naturally-:
1. Include Vitamins in your daily diet. A deficiency of micronutrients i.e., vitamins can lead to reduced immunity. Taking a multivitamin supplement, along with having a nutrient-rich diet that boosts overall health as well as immunity. In particular, vitamins A, B2, B6, C, D and E have been considered a major ingredient in building the immune system.
2. Sunlight is a blessing Spending some time under the sun is one of the beneficial ways our bodies produce vitamin D. Vitamin D performs a vital role in boosting our immune health by producing antibodies, low levels of vitamin D, on the other hand, can cause serious respiratory infection.
3. Meditation Is the Key While the real effects of stress are still being analysed by scientists, researchers have so far demonstrated that chronic anxiety can lead to a variety of unfavourable impacts on physical and emotional health, including a weakened immune system. Stress-reducing exercises like meditation, massage, and even music can aid us to unwind and enhance our immune health.
4. Try turmeric. The bright yellow spice that gives curries a discrete flavour and a refreshing colour also have anti-inflammatory characteristics, and there are lots of evidence that it aids prevent sickness, too.
Especially relevant for elders, extracts of turmeric seem to perform a vital role in limiting cancer cells, slowing Alzheimer's, and easing arthritis pain. If You want the best of turmeric You can try Oujasya curcumin. Curcumin is the chief active component in Turmeric. It is a prominent Antioxidant and Anti Inflammatory.
5. Run a relaxing bath. A nice hot bath, with Epsom salt or easing aromatherapy fragrances, can help to reduce our stress and delivering us a dreamy sleep. Sleep is one of the essential ways our bodies repair themselves, and sleep deprivation can activate the stress response, depresses immune function and increases inflammatory substances.
6. Eat more Fruits and vegetables- Natural food like vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruits and legumes for eg apple, orange, almonds etc... are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that may give you an upper hand against harmful pathogens.
The antioxidants in these foods help reduce infection by combatting volatile compounds called free radicals, which can induce inflammation when they build up in your body at high levels.
7. Minerals are vital. In addition to a variety of vitamins, it is essential to get adequate key minerals that are necessary to boost immune health. Selenium and Zinc are some vital minerals that are necessary to boost immunity and you can find them easily in nuts, seafood, non-veg and dairy products.
8. Spice up your cooking. Garlic and ginger are the 2 tasty plus healthy additions to the family diet. Raw garlic carries allicin which aids to fight against bacteria and viruses and boost the immune system. Ginger is a strong antioxidant that has been shown to boost immune health.
9. Try herbal remedies. Experts are still analysing the effectiveness of many herbal supplements traditionally used as health boosters, like Neem, amla, Giloy, tulsi etc...
You can try Oujasya Immunity Booster Pack (Giloy, Tulsi, Ira Kaadha, Ojas).
Ira Kaadha Kaadha is an Ayurvedic kaadha or remedy that is consumed with water. Containing a combination of over 10 Ayurvedic herbs and remedies that are known to boost the immune system, Ira Kaadha is a natural supplement that anyone can use for overall wellness.
Tulsi is abundant in Vitamin C and zinc. It, therefore, acts as a god made immunity booster and keeps infections and diseases away. It has extensive anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial characteristics which shield us from a variety of infections.
Giloy is beneficial in the therapy of helminthiasis, leprosy, the body's resistance to infections, rheumatoid arthritis, heart diseases, support the immune system, support standard white blood cell structure, function, and levels. It also helps in digestive diseases such as excessive thirst, colitis, worm infestations, vomiting, abdominal pain, hyperacidity, and loss of appetite and even liver disorders like hepatitis.